Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep

Now I lay me down to sleep is an organization of photographers who donate their time to take pictures of families who have experienced infant loss. Check out their link. The pictures of our Jonathan were taken by a photographer from NILMDTS. Julie was amazing, and I've never really thanked her for all she did for us. I'll post some pictures of Jonathan soon.

However, last week I was at an event with my friend Theresa. She was speaking to a friend of hers, I believe her name was Tonya. Anyway, Melissa mentioned that she would be called to the hospital later and Theresa knew about the situation because she works L&D at the hospital. After their conversation I asked Theresa what her friend was doing. She said their was a fetal demise delivering and Melissa was going to take pictures of the family. Theresa didn't know that NILMDTS took pictures of Jonathan. I asked "With NILMDTS?" "Yes" I immediately got Melissa's attention and began to sob. You know the kind where hyperventilate between words. I told her my name and that NILMDTS had taken pictures of my baby. She also began to cry, grabbed me and we hugged a long time. It was so great to be able to thank someone the way I wish I could have thanked Julie. These photographers are truly heaven sent.

No comments: