Tuesday, December 25, 2007

We made it through!

We've made it through Christmas. Overall, I think we did well. For me the hardest part was at my in-laws (held a few days before Christmas), where we sing a few Christmas songs around the dinner table before opening gifts. We do this by candlelight and it can feel very intimate. For whatever reason this was hard for me. I was holding our youngest, Kyla and couldn't help but think that this Christmas, I should have been holding Jonathan. Tears flowed, but I recovered quickly. This was also the evening that we took the annual Christmas photo, where again, I should have been holding a darling little 3 month old baby.

Tonight as I was praying with the girls and having our nightly snuggle time, I couldn't help but tear up. Just a little, for my baby who is safe in the arms of Jesus tonight. I am so grateful to have celebrated today with our three girls.

The rest of our Christmas was good, the girls loved all their gifts and were such a joy to watch as they opened even the simplest gifts. I think one of my favorite parts was after our oldest, Bria, opened a stocking gift. She was so surprised to have gotten Barbie band-aids of her very own!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas, as we celebrated the birth of our savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments: