Sunday, December 30, 2007

I am so glad I married him

A few weeks ago, I was having a particularly hard day. I had been crying and Tim was simply holding me, allowing me to cry it out. After I regained some composure, I said to him, "I wouldn't want to go through this hell with anyone else." Really I wouldn't.

We didn't date long before were engaged (4 weeks) and we weren't engaged long before we were married (4 months). I've been told that there were some who thought we wouldn't last. Well, it's been 8 years now and here we are. In those eight years we have experienced each end of traditional wedding vow spectrums. In plenty and in want; in joy and in sorrow; in sickness and in health. As I heard these vows at a wedding this summer, I thought to myself, 'Wow, in 8 years Tim and I have had each of these.' We have plenty, but there certainly have been times where we have been in "want", we've had sickness and health, we've experienced the greatest of joy in the birth of each of our girls and the deepest sorrow in the loss of our son. In just 8 years.

The first night that I was in the hospital before delivering Jonathan, Tim and I prayed for the baby's health, my health and for our marriage. It is times like this that marriages can be so strained. We prayed that God would draw us closer to each other through all of this. At that time, we had no idea what we were about to go through, but I am so glad that we prayed for closeness. I believe that Tim and I had a good marriage before losing Jonathan, but I know that the Lord has continued to draw us nearer one another, has he draws us closer to him.

No comments: