Monday, January 7, 2008

Faithful to Complete It

As I was chatting with a friend yesterday about some upcoming changes in her life, we briefly discussed some of the possibilities and listed a few. Then I said, but anything can happen. An outcome may appear that we never saw coming. I think that is a newer realization for me. Anything can happen. We really don't know what God has planned for us. I've learned that I don't know all the possible reasons or choices available or outcomes of any situation. I've learned to be open. I think this is something that some people are born with. They are just able to go with the flow. I tend to like to know what is happening next. So, even when I don't know, I pick a possibility and take the attitude of "that's probably what will happen or what we'll do, etc etc." Not so much now. I know anything is possible.

The rare case seemed to alway be the case where my pregnancy with Jonathan is concerned. It's extremely rare for the practitioner to push an IUD threw the uterus, but mine did. It's not generally the case that a complete placenta previa results in such heavy hemorrhaging, but my did. The doctors said that usually the bleeding will stop its self. Not mine. No one, not the admitting doctor or the nurses expected the outcome we had. It was all too rare. Since then when ever someone says to Tim or I that such and such is pretty rare, we look at each other with the knowing look, that says, "We are the rare case."

Anything is possible and the rare case occurring are times when we often see God at work. (Anything is possible - a virgin giving birth to God's son! Rare case- Jesus raising the little girl and Lazarus from the dead!) I trust that God is at work in me. He is faithful to complete it. God is faithful to complete his work in us. He wants the best for me (and you). I am still not sure how this brings the best for me, but I continue to trust in him. I may never see the best for me in this, but I know that God is a God who keeps his promises. He will complete a good work in me.

**Just a little side note. Generally when I get a little preaching in here, it really is more to remind myself or inform myself rather then me preaching to you the reader. The truths certainly apply to you too though!**

No comments: